Thursday, November 6, 2014

Twitter in Classrooms


Last year, my High School teachers were required to get Twitter.  I did not understand the reasoning behind this, it seemed insane.  But after reading about the professional side of Twitter in the classrooms.  I was always a firm believer that social media in the classroom would create problems that aren't necessary.  But I'm slowly changing my mind.

When used professionally I now believe that social media sites can be used productively in the classroom by connecting with other teachers to use different materials in the classroom.  This can be useful to get instant answers from colleagues and get the information to students quickly.  As and Education major I can see where and ow this could be useful, but still think it should be used with some caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment